Endurance Adventure: Morocco will challenge your body, open your mind and touch your soul.
No, it’s not a race.
Endurance Adventure: Morocco is a multi-day running adventure in which you will be pushed by mileage, challenged by terrain, immersed in culture and enchanted by a diversely beautiful country.
Test your endurance as you cover 130km in 5 days through surreal desertscapes, idyllic meadows and snow-capped peaks. High-five local kids and be cheered on by shepherds as you navigate rugged High Atlas mule trails and villages that are only accessible on foot.
Get your hands dirty as you learn about the the daily tasks required of life in a traditional Berber village, where time seems to stand still. Go hard every day, knowing that a delicious Moroccan feast and comfortable, unique accommodation await you each night so that you can recover and go hard again tomorrow. And of course, prizes are awarded to those who complete it all.
It’s time to go further.
ENDURANCE ADVENTURE: MOROCCO is co-produced by FUEGO Y AGUA ENDURANCE and Rogue Expeditions. Rogue Expeditions is a unique Austin, Texas -based adventure travel company that creates run-centric vacations around the world. Itineraries are designed to combine unique, authentic travel experiences with organized, supported daily runs in unforgettable places.
REGISTRATION & COST
A $500 deposit secures your spot, and the total cost depends upon signup date. *Balances due by November 26, 2016. Registrations after that date will be required to be paid in full.
Standard Pricing (through November 26, 2016): $2,395 USD
Late Pricing (After November 26, 2016): $2,550 USD
If you cancel:
- Within 30 days of signup: Full Refund (if you pay by credit card we retain a 2.9% processing fee each way)
- 121+ days from the trip start date (but after the 30 day grace period): Deposits are non-refundable
- 61-120 days from the trip start date: 50% of total payment refunded**
- 60 days or less from the trip start date: No refunds
Early Arrival package: $150 USD
Arrive a day early for extra time to sleep off the jet lag and explore Marrakech! Includes airport pickup, accommodation, and breakfast the following morning.
Private room upgrade: $325 USD
Gives you your own room for all six nights. Note that one night is tent camping, in which case you will have your own tent.
Climb Jebel Toubkal: $400 USD
Extend your trip with a climb up Jebel Toubkal, the highest peak in North Africa (4167m), beginning on the final day of the standard trip. Price includes all meals, snacks & water, one night accommodation in mountain refuge, one night accommodation in 4-star guesthouse, experienced local mountain guide, a mule + mule driver to transport your gear & airport transfer.
There will be a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 18 runners. Spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, so early deposits are recommended!
An ultra-running background is not necessarily required, but strong distance running abilities, at least some experience on trail and a sense of adventure is a must!
All participants must arrive in Marrakech no later than Sunday, March 26, 2016 (there is no time requirement, though an earlier arrival allows more time to explore Marrakech) and depart no earlier than 10:00am on Saturday, April 1, 2016.
American Airlines & Iberia Airlines are the main operators for participants flying from the US. Flights generally route through Dallas (DFW), Chicago (ORD) or JFK to Madrid (MAD), then on to Marrakech (RAK).
NOTE: A night in Madrid on the return is a nice way to break up the journey!
Participants will need a passport with at least 6 months of validity left. No visas or vaccinations are required for US or EU citizens in Morocco, though you may want to consider some standard vaccinations if you are a first-time traveler.
- Pre-trip guidance, communication & packing list
- Transfers to/from airport
- Five organized runs
- Cultural immersion experiences & challenges
- Transportation: 4×4 vehicles, fuel and drivers
- Five nights in comfortable, unique three and four-star hotels or riads (double occupancy)
- One night tent camping in High Atlas mountains (all gear provided and set up)
- Rogue Expeditions & Fuego y Agua lead guides
- Experienced, expert Moroccan team: guide, drivers and chef
- All meals + snacks + water
- Really cool shirt
- Finishers Awards for those who complete everything
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Alcohol or beverages other than water (coffee, mint tea are complimentary with breakfasts)
- Travel Insurance (optional but recommended)
- Personal purchases/souvenirs or extra activities