BECOME a Volunteer for one of our nicaragua events
Volunteering for FUEGO Y AGUA ENDURANCE involves a combination of hard work and adventure. Tasks include (but are not limited to) food preparation, packet-pickup, course marking, aid stations, vehicle course control, hiking/running course control, remote aid station support and more.
WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS RECEIVE?
Details will be provided by our Volunteer Coordinator for each event. These are basic items volunteer will receive.
- Cool T-Shirt
- Buff Headwear.
- Basic Lodging *We will have a basic tent or hammock camping area for you to setup around your time spent volunteering, a small communal kitchen area will be available for preparing your own food.
- Food during volunteering. *We provide food ONLY for the hours when you are volunteering, this may be in the form of a packed meal. If you need/want anything specific, you must bring it with you!
- Cool sponsor swag.
- Complimentary or Discounted Race Entry into an event *Volunteers must be available for at least 2 full shifts to qualify for a free entry. No free entries to SURVIVAL RUN.
- The Experience of a Lifetime!
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
- We do not cover travel expenses to/from the venue
- We do not provide travel support for booking flights, hotels, taxis etc.
- We do not provide extended lodging outside of your volunteering time.
- We do not provide your meals outside of volunteering shifts.
Please be sure you are available for these times/dates you are registering for. Our volunteers are a very important part of our event. We are flexible and will work with your schedule and needs. If you cannot make the Volunteer Meeting, we can still use you for a shift, just be sure to communicate with your Volunteer Coordinator to let them know.
Volunteers must bring with them a backpack with a change of clothing/socks, headlamp w/extra batteries, sunscreen, bug spray, 3+ liters of water, snacks/food. Sturdy shoes are required. Thank you for volunteering!