Travelling a long way for a race can be full of challenges - how to get from the airport to the race location, which accommodations offer good value for money, where are good places to eat, where can I get equipment I might need? We want to take away as much of this stress for getting to Survival Run Canada... since we plan to pile at least as much stress onto you during the race!!
You can purchase these options when you register, or by emailing the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject to availability. Purchases are charged in full at time of booking, and may be cancelled for a 50% refund until 30 days before the effective date.
Transfer to Squamish. We are providing transfers from the Lonsdale Quay in North Vancouver to Squamish for $35 per person each way. The shuttles leave the Quay at 11am each day on August 21-25, and returning on August 27, 28, 30 and 31 (NOT 29). From Vancouver Airport (YVR) you can take a taxi or the Canada Line SkyTrain (c.$12/person) into downtown Vancouver, and then the Seabus (water taxi) from Waterfront Station takes you to the Lonsdale Quay; bank on taking two hours from arriving at the SkyTrain station at YVR to arriving at Lonsdale Quay.
Accommodation. We are excited to have partnered with two great establishments to offer you a range of accommodation options. Survival Run Canada is not marking these prices up in any way - we are passing these straight through to give you the best deals possible! (Plus taxes.)
- The Executive Suites Hotel brings premium quality options:
- One Bedroom and Studio Suites at $169 (up to two people) on Friday and Saturday, August 25-26, and $149 on the Wednesday and Thursday prior; and the Monday and Tuesday following the weekend.
- Rates quoted are per suite, per night. Studio and One Bedroom rates are based on single or double occupancy; an additional charge of $15.00 per person (age 18+), per night, will apply to guestrooms with 3 guests or more. Children under 18 years of age stay free when accompanied by an adult. Room rates are quoted in Canadian funds; rates are NET, Non Commissionable. All rates are subject to taxes of 15.00%. Taxes are subject to change.
- To book, contact the hotel, quoting "Survival Run Canada". Phone: 604-815-0048 or 1-877-815-0048, E-mail: email@example.com
- A credit card is required to secure the reservation at the time of booking. A pre-authorization on the card is taken upon arrival and full payment is taken on departure
- The Mountain Fun Basecamp addresses the needs of the budget-minded racer in a great setting.
- Hotel Rooms: $89/night 2 adults and up to 2 kids
- RV site: $45/day and this is 2 adults and kids, with additional adults $10/day
- Private camping: $35/day this can be either 3 adults or 2 adults and kids
- Group area camping: $10 per person/day
- Kids are considered age 13 and under.
- To book, contact the hotel, quoting "Survival Run Canada". Phone: 604-390-4200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also book online for the hotel, RV and private camping (all categories except group camping).
Concierge. Do you want someone to help you with restaurant bookings, guided tours, spa bookings, or extra help with any aspect? Do you want a personal assistant for the little things? We can help you!! For a $50 registration fee, you will be put on our VIP list, and you will have a personal assistant on 24/7 call for $50/hr plus expenses.
Equipment, Restaurants, Tourist Attractions. Survival Run Canada is working to build partnerships in these areas... watch for updates!
Do you have any other questions or needs? Let us know, and we will do our best to help you?